MAC BSX-85 Japanese 8.5" Sushi Chef's eX Knife Non-Stick Coating
This listing is for 1 Piece of MAC BSX-85 Japanese 8.5" Sushi Chef's eX Knife
This is a non-stick coated version of the HB-85 8½" chef's knife in the Chef series. The gradual taper from heel to tip is in the style of the Gyuto (Japanese version of the chef's knife). The non-stick coating helps this knife to easily slice through sushi rolls where the rice would normally gum up the blade. The razor-sharp edge easily cuts through tough nori (seaweed) and the non-stick surface glides through the remainder of the cut without having to wipe the blade after making every slice.
MAC Sushi Chef 8.5". BSX-85. "Black, non-stick coating glides through sushi rolls and resists "sticking" to rice."
Knife Length: 12.75"
Weight: 5.1 oz
Blade Length: 8.25"
Blade Height: 1.75"
Blade Thickness: 2.0 mm
Chef Series Features:
- 2.0-2.5mm thin blades for less wedging into cuts and for producing a sharper knife.
- Original Molybdenum steel has better edge-retention and is easier to sharpen than most other brands.
- Western-style shapes with a pointed tip and a handle that is in-line with the spine of the blade (On most knives in this series).
- Light-weight due to the lack of a bolster and the thin blade eases stress on your hand and arm.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer. (Except PB-60)
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.