Japanese MAC SO-70 Professional Series 7" Blade Pro Fillet Knife
This extremely flexible fillet knife is the thinnest knife we make. With an average thickness of less than 1.0mm, this blade can be flexed to nearly a 90-degree angle. Perfect for filleting delicate flatfish such as sole and flounder. Because of the narrow profile and extremely thin blade, this knife is also great for slicing bite-size pieces of sashimi from a ready-to-cut section of sashimi-grade fish.
Professional Series Features:
- 2.0-2.5mm thin blades for less wedging into cuts and for producing a sharper knife.
- Original Molybdenum steel has better edge-retention and is easier to sharpen than most other brands (Except MSK-65 and MTH-80 which use our Superior Steel).
- Western-style shapes with a pointed tip and a handle that is in-line with the spine of the blade (On most knives in this series).
- The added bolster on these knives concentrates the weight of the knife in the center of your hand when using a chef’s grip. The added weight helps to drive the knife through hard/dense foods such as carrots, apples, and onions without having to use a thicker blade. The bolster also provides a smoother grip area for your thumb when using a chef’s grip to pinch the blade.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer.
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.