Japanese MAC SBK-95 Ultimate Series 9" Blade Chef Knife
Regular price $294.95
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This chef's knife has a 9" blade and has the feel of a forged, German-style chef's knife but with a thinner, stamped blade.
Knife Length: 14.25"
Weight: 9.2 oz
Blade Length: 9.19"
Blade Height: 1.91"
Blade Thickness: 3.0 mm
Ultimate Series Features:
- 2.5-3.0mm thin blades for less wedging into cuts and for producing a sharper knife (except SDK-85).
- Sub-zero tempered Superior Steel – the same steel as our Original Molybdenum steel but with an extra processing step to create better edge retention while maintaining the same ease of sharpening.
- Western-style shapes with a handle that is in-line with the spine of the blade and a pointed tip.
- The added bolster on these knives concentrates the weight of the knife in the center of your hand when using a chef’s grip. The added weight helps to drive the knife through hard/dense foods such as carrots, apples, and onions without having to use a thicker blade. The bolster also provides a smoother grip area for your thumb when using a chef’s grip to pinch the blade. Unlike European knives, the bolster does not extend to the edge of the knife, allowing you to sharpen the entire length of the blade.
- Designed for those who are accustomed to the heft of a traditional, forged European knife but with a shorter bolster and thinner blade for better overall performance.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer.
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.