Japanese MAC FK-70 Original Series 6-3/4" Fillet Knife
Regular price $51.95
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This fillet knife has a long, narrow, slightly flexible blade for filleting small to medium size fish. The up-swept handle and long blade allows it to function as a utility knife as well.
Knife Length: 11.44"
Weight: 3.6 oz
Blade Length: 6.75"
Blade Height: 1.14"
Blade Thickness: 2.0 mm
Original Series Features:
- 1.5-2.0mm thin blades, some of the thinnest available on the market. The thinner the blade, the sharper the edge and the less “wedging” that will occur when the knife passes through a food.
- Light-weight due to the thin blades and lack of a bolster to ease stress on your hand and arm during use.
- Original Molybdenum steel has better edge-retention and is easier to sharpen than most other brands.
- Rounded tip for safety and to prevent bending/breaking the tip.
- Hole punched near the tip for hanging the knife (except the CL-6).
- Elevated handle for a more ergonomic grip and to create extra clearance under the handle for your knuckles.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer.
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.