Japan MAC Knife DA BS-230 Damascus Series 9" Blade Serrated Bread Roast Slicer
This 9" bread and roast slicer has our signature rounded serrations for smooth, tear-free slices whether cutting a crusty loaf of bread, soft cakes, delicate pastries, or tender roasts. To maximize its effectiveness use an exaggerated, long, sawing action and use as little pressure as possible to create even, thin slices.
Damascus Series Features:
- Beautiful 64-layer Damascus-style steel reminds us of the centuries-old Japanese tradition of folding the steel for increased strength.
- 2.0-2.5mm thin blades for less wedging into cuts and for producing a sharper knife.
- Original Molybdenum steel has better edge-retention and is easier to sharpen than most other brands.
- Western-style shapes with a handle that is in-line with the spine of the blade and a pointed tip.
- The added bolster on these knives concentrates the weight of the knife in the center of your hand when using a chef’s grip. The added weight helps to drive the knife through hard/dense foods such as carrots, apples, and onions without having to use a thicker blade. The bolster also provides a smoother grip area for your thumb when using a chef’s grip to pinch the blade.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Over-sized Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer.
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.